Marvel’s popular film Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol.2 gets an official release date for Blu-ray and digital formats, with plenty of extras.
The sequel to Marvel’s 2o14 smash-hit Guardians of the Galaxy released across cinemas earlier this year to critical and financial success, and fans of the series won’t have to wait much longer to see their favourite band of misfits on the small screen.
Vol. 2 arrives into homes digitally on 8 August 2017 and physically on Blu-ray and DVD on 23 August 2017.
The film marks Marvel’s first home release to be featured in stunning 4K Ultra HDTM format, providing four times sharper resolution of HD, with exceptional HDR (High Dynamic Range), producing brighter brights, deeper blacks and richer colours.
The 4K Ultra HD combo pack includes a Blu-ray disc with more than 80-minutes of exclusive, never-before- seen bonus materials.
The bonus features include a behind-the-scenes, making-of featurette, an all-new original music video starring David Hasselhoff and the film’s star-studded cast, hilarious outtakes, deleted scenes, audio commentary by director James Gunn, and more (see below for the full details).
If anyone hasn’t seen the movie yet, you can check out my review here – spoiler alert – I really enjoyed it.
Check out the trailer for the home release below, as well as the cover for the Blu-ray and a list of bonus features.
- The Making of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” – A four-part, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, done in the style of classic-rock album liner notes.
- Visionary Intro – Director James Gunn provides context on how he continues and expands the storylines of these beloved characters in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.”
- Guardians Inferno Music Video – Join David Hasselhoff and special guests for a galactic retro dance party.
- Gag Reel – Laugh out loud at all the hilarious off-script shenanigans and bloopers that took place on the set of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” featuring all your favorite Guardians.
- Four Deleted Scenes – Check out four specific scenes that had to be cut from the film, including two extended scenes and two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentary – Check out a special narration of the film by director James Gunn, who guides fansthrough an inside look at the making of the movie.
Digital (All the features listed above plus four extra exclusives):
- Three Scene Breakdowns (Digital Exclusives) – We’ll reveal the anatomy of a few key scenes from the film. Discover the process in bringing these scenes to life. It starts with a doodle and the rest is film history. Audiences will be given the option to view 5-6 layers of specific scenes in the film. Scenes include “Eclector Escape,” “Gamora and Nebula,” and “Rocket and Ravagers.”
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! (Digital Exclusive) – Get an exclusive sneak peek inside the most anticipated ride at Disneyland, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!. We’ll dig into the concepts and inspiration, and talk about what it took to bring the most epic ride at Disneyland to life.
Deserted Island Movie Collection: The films of Quentin Tarantino.
Best Movie Snack: Nachos.